Thursday 29 March 2012

All in preparation...

Today I am worrying about my kidneys, bean. Last year I contracted a kidney infection, apparently from my youth, and spent a few days in hospital connected to a drip. And after a sleepless night from back-ache, I am now drinking water like a fish just in case. I am also speeding up to Lancaster on a Virgin tilting train. Amazingly I am sitting first class, for the first time and have already been offered tea, coffee, cold drinks and sandwiches. Stupidly I have turned them all politely down and am now rather peckish. I thought I was going to have a relaxing time back home. I was wrong. From Hammersmith to Henley, birthday meals to catch-up coffees; I spent most of my time on the move. And that's just the start. Edinburgh is on the cards the weekend. I will never learn. Still, I am sure this is all wonderful practice for the half-marathon in May. Although there I will strive not to stop, even if I want to.

1 comment:

  1. You never did take a break! Slow down once in a while or you'll lose all your beans.

    ReplyDelete