Tuesday 6 March 2012

Apparently I don't look that innocent...

Today I am an addicted-to-coffee bean. After only managing to grab a few winks on the flight home due to lumpy seating, I am desperately trying to remain awake so I don't become nocturnal. My Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee also made the sniffer dog in Gatwick rather excitable. This meant I was taken aside by two burly blokes who proceeded to interrogate me about my time in Kingston. They finished by stabbing my coffee until they were satisfied that if it ever had been alive, it was now definitely dead, and that it was not harbouring any other suspicious substance. Luckily for me, it wasn't.
I've had an incredible time in Jamaica. From diving to dolphins through to manatees and making cakes, it's been a really wonderful holiday. A wise person once said, 'people make things special'. A well-worn phrase, but one that holds very true. Helen and her family went above and beyond to give me a taste of what Jamaica has to offer. And I loved every minute.

2 comments:

  1. I did Barbados last year. It was amazing. No strip searches though (which is strange considering I looked more hobo than usual).

    My point was that I also did the swimming with dolphins. It was fantastic until someone pointed out that an actual percentage of people get... molested to death by them each year! Suddenly their chattering sounded a lot more sinister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So ... dolphins aren't as innocent as they look. :)

    ReplyDelete