Saturday 24 March 2012

Oh here we come a wandering...

Over the past few weeks I have had to be rather like a broad bean. From Jamaica, to the Pop-Up Restaurant, Sweden to Bath. I am very happy to be home. Though not for long! Next stop Henley, shortly followed by Lancaster, and then to Edinburgh for my friend's birthday dance-off. If only I didn't have two left feet. That is not to say I did not enjoy my travels. I loved them. Bath was definitely the most relaxing. How the Roman Baths were not discovered until the late 1800s when the water, that had built up for centuries, pushed its way into the cellars of the houses above is astounding. The Abbey is another beautifully crafted building - in fact most of Bath is stunning. This was not always the case. Until 1960 most of the sandy-coloured stone had been dyed black from years of pollution. Perhaps this is another reason as to why Jane Austen did not enjoy her time in Bath after 1800. For the rest of the day I have vowed to put my feet up and relax. However, I am not one to sit still. I could probably be diagnosed as having itchy feet. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, there is no known cure.

(A while back I promised to write up how the Pop-Up Restaurant went on my cousin's blog, Food and Biscuits. It is now live here, so feel free to take a look.)

No comments:

Post a Comment