Friday 13 April 2012

Even if I don't look the part...

Last night I was a dancing bean. Literally. After putting it off for a few weeks it was time to face the music. Although next time I will wear something other than a baggy jumper, my usual leggings, woolly socks and trainers. My distinct lack of skirt was visibly noticeable. Salsa also demands hip movement, something which obviously went to my brother in the gene pool. When Tom from Hertford came up to visit we went for a tour around Lancaster Castle. Luckily it is no longer being used as a prison, as otherwise the fact I totally messed up their payment machine with my card might have been a lot more serious. It's well worth a visit. From the functioning court rooms with seats costing thousands, to what's left of the prison with the pitch black cells and thick, bleak walls, you can see why the janitor was bribed on a daily basis. Although that could have just been because he was not paid. One of the most interesting rooms contained hundreds of shields, including the Queen's. This got me thinking about what my shield might look like. Perhaps a rose and some skis, or even a barcode, a nickname I gained in school (another thing which my brother then stole). Whatever the outcome it's final destination would have to be somewhere like the castle. Royalty, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment