Tuesday 17 April 2012

Beans would never have this many problems...

Have you ever seen that movie? Where the two characters have organised to meet...and end up in the same cafe but different places? Today I was one of them. And poor Charlie was the other. It also did not help that my phone, which has developed mood swings at the age of six, decided it would be the perfect time to throw a tantrum. Luckily it all worked out. London just has too much of everything. The last time I was in the city I saw Matilda, The Musical. And after the four girls won Olivier Awards for their performances, I thought I would give my opinion. Amazing. I will never forget the P.E. lesson that Miss Trunchbull took which ended with her flying (rather gracefully) through the air after springing off a tiny trampoline. Kerry Ingram was superb as Matilda, fiery, thoughtful, innocent. The music by Tim Minchin linked all the acts and showed off the clever lyrics. And the 'Telly' song in the interval is not to be missed. (Although Michael Wormwood is not the virtuoso guitar player his father thinks he is.) I'm not normally so positive. The Lion King let me down, twice, as did Wicked. Perhaps I'm just odd. However, it's lovely to be back home for a few days, I just wish I hadn't brought the rain along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment