Saturday 2 June 2012

The life of Rosie, not Riley...


June brings a new month, the Queen’s Jubilee and my job. Although the magazine can stress me out and take over, I still rather enjoy it. And anything that means I can put something into my now empty travel pot is great. Vietnam, here I come. The last few months have been wonderful. From the adventures in Jamaica, to skiing in Sweden and finishing it off with the Half Marathon in Edinburgh, there was never a dull moment. Especially when the shape of the medals given out on completing the race caused some controversy. Looking at mine now, I can see why the Scotsman wrote, ‘held in a certain way...it suddenly looks startlingly like the Kintyre peninsula or, more bluntly, a tacky souvenir from a raucous hen party.’ However, if that was supposed to put me off the slightly mad pink-feathered celebration, it failed. Since being back in the real world my work inbox is 4,000 emails lighter, on the other hand, my calendar is now however many meetings, events and interns heavier.  Still I will keep up the jogging, blogging and perhaps add something else into the mix. Lacrosse anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment