Wednesday 9 May 2012

Back to basics...

Yesterday I was a jumping bean. After realising the garden was resembling a set from 'The Day Of The Triffids', I brandished my shears and set to work. Following this I was in rather a lot of pain. The plants had obviously taken revenge and decided to implant many of their thorns into my leggings. I won't expand on where, but it did make sitting down very uncomfortable. Still, at least I can now leave the garden without getting scratched, rained upon by leaves and then sapped: (by a tree, not by a bludgeon or club). It's nice not to resemble this interesting looking fellow as pictured here when out and about. London's calling at the weekend, as well as a five-year reunion at my old school which I am rather excited about. And then to Norwich, my old haunt to remember the time I spent £10 a week on food. Tuna, onions and cucumber on brown toast seemed like a super idea at the time. Although I hate to think how bad my breath must have been. Horrendous springs, or rather chokes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment