Friday 24 February 2012

Perhaps some whiskey is in order...

Today I will be a winged bean. (I promise to stop these awful bean-related comments soon.) So the next time I write some witty (just kidding) paragraph I will be in Kingston. After travelling on many planes, I realise now I will never totally curb my fear of flying. Whilst coming back from Cuba last year, the elderly man I was sitting next to clearly saw that I was not entirely comfortable, and so spent 30 minutes telling me the basic laws of physics in regards to an airplane, with diagrams I hasten to add. Apparently, the take-off is the safest part (apart from it not taking off of course), but that still did not solve my problem with the landing. I read in the Lonely Planet magazine recently that Ben Fogle has trained himself to fall asleep the moment he sits down on a plane, and does not wake up until the tires bump onto the runway. I wish now I knew his secret. Although, knowing him, the answer would be along the lines of perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment