Tuesday 28 February 2012

Colours of the rainbow...

Tomorrow I will be a coral bean. The last time I went diving was in Egypt with my Mum and Brother. The sign-language you are taught, can always be improvised upon. And after some interesting actions from my Mum, (hands a meter apart, pointing finger through OK sign, and universal shark symbol), I realised what she was getting at was rather rude, and that you can laugh underwater. Helen is in for a treat. Jamaica is a very diverse island. So far I have been swimming with dolphins, trekking through the rainforest up in the Blue Mountains, and seen This Means War. Going to the cinema in Jamaica is definitely a worthwhile experience. Everyone stands for the National Anthem, the idea of being quiet throughout the film does not register, and there is an interval about two-thirds of the way through where a heavy-red curtain closes off the screen. It makes your evening even more enjoyable, to know that when you laugh (and quite often in my case, snort) loudly, instead of feeling embarrassed, it joins the constant wave of noise and gives the impression (whatever your thoughts, and however far you've travelled) that you belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment